In April 2014, my wife and visited the Golden State, starting in San Francisco, driving down the Pacific Coast Highway and wrapping up in Los Angeles. I wrote 20,000 words about it, so that you never have to go to California. I just saved you at least $600, so why not kick some of that my way?
California, There We Went
Each of the adventures below is conveniently arranged in the sequence in which in occurred.
- Day One: Introduction. Arrival in San Francisco. The Palace Hotel.
- Day Two: Golden Gate. Muir Woods. Haight-Ashbury. Lombard Street. The Punchline.
- Day Three: Alcatraz. Fisherman's Wharf. Oakland and the USS Potomac. Tragedy and fine dining.
- Day Four: The Winchester Mystery House. California 1. Seals at San Simeon.
- Day Five: Hearst Castle. More driving. A surprise at Ventura Pier. Santa Monica.
- Day Six: Venice Beach. Arrival in Hollywood. "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" A paparazzi moment.
- Day Seven: The Warner Brothers Studio tour. The Hollywood Sign. Dodger Stadium.
- Day Eight: The Reagan Library. The Nixon Library. Downtown Brea. A visit to the Improv.
- Day Nine: Sunset Boulevard. The Dearly Departed tour. High-end shopping. The Hollywood Improv.